We welcomed our sweet baby boy to the world on Pioneer Day,
July 24th 2015 at 11:53 am.
The 23rd of July was a pretty normal day for us.
Todd had the day off so he decided to hike Mt. Olympus with his
brothers so he was so exhausted all day! We took Truman, Isaac,
Trevor, and chase to chick fil a for lunch then hung out at Todd's
parents house for a while so the boys could play. It was an even
normal night for us. We had B.L.Ts for dinner and went and washed one
of our cars. We went to bed at a normal time for us around 11 pm.
Before we went to bed Todd and I joked that we hoped he wouldn't come
tonight cause Todd was so exhausted from his hike. Maybe that's what
triggered it haha! Todd fell asleep right away but I couldn't fall
asleep. I remember getting up at about 11:30 to go to the bathroom and
I had only laid back in down for about 10 minutes when my water broke!
At first I wasn't sure that's what it was but I woke Todd up anyways
and once I went into the bathroom I knew that's what it was cause it
just kept coming! Luckily I was all packed! So we both showered, Todd
gave me a blessing, and off to the hospital we went! By the time we
got to the hospital I was drenched and the car seat was soaked (good
thing we sold that car the next week). When we were on the freeway we
saw a ton of cop cars up ahead and as we got closer we saw all the
floats for the 24th of July parade being transported downtown. This
was just a fun little memory because I love the 24th of July parade so
it's like I didn't have to miss out on it ;).
When we got to the hospital they got us into a room right away and my
nurse was all about me not being in any pain at all so she got me my
epidural right away so I really only felt a few painful contractions.
About a half an hour after I got my epidural I got really nauseous so
my nurse got me some zofran which helped me sleep for about an hour
and a half. Because my water broke they didn't want to check me too
often because the risk of infection is higher so they checked me right
when I got there and I was dilated to a 3 then they didn't check me
for a couple hours and when they did I was only to about a 5. Then
within an hour or so I was a 9+ and pushed about 12 times and he was
here!
We were so shocked at how small he was when they put him on the scale!
With Todd and I both being fairly large Americans we think having a 6
pound baby is the strangest thing. We were for sure planning on at
least an eight pounder!! In stead we got the cutest littlest bundle of
joy!
We were showered with so much love and support from our family and
friends!! Our sweet Hank boy is loved more then he will every know by so many!
We are still adjusting to life as new parents!! Todd got two weeks of
work off! So we will see how life is after he heads back to work...
Wish us luck!!
We love our sweet boy more than words can describe! I'm so lucky that
I get to be his mama!! Now if I could just find a way to make time
sand still so I can always hold this sweet baby in my arms!
Here are some pictures of his first week of life:
Here we go!
Hanks very first picture
First family picture
First picture with dad!
First bath
Headed home!
First picture at home
we survived the first night!
Belly is all full!
Harry Potter nerd already and he doesn't even know it
Hank and cousin Will (who is a month and a half older)
First bath
My snoozin boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment