Todd and I are so excited to announce that we will be welcoming a new baby in August 2015!!
The night I took a pregnancy test Todd had to work late and then he went and played basketball right after work. I remember being at home with a horrible headache and for some reason decided that I should take a pregnancy test (which I already had because I decided to buy some a couple weeks before so I would be prepared ;). The first test I took wasn't super clear so when Todd got home and I showed him he wasn't convinced that it was positive. I don't think either of us wanted to get out hopes up if the first one wasn't a for sure. So I waited a couple days and took another one that was FOR SURE positive. It still took a couple days for it to really sink in for both of us.
Naturally I told my mom and my sisters the day after I took the first test. With my sister Em being pregnant she was anxious to know and I can't keep anything from my mom for to long.. our intentions were to keep it a secret from everyone else until Christmas which was only a couple weeks away... but Todd and I are probably the worst secret keepers of all time! So we ended up telling everyone at random times. We went out with our friends one night and told them and then we told my family one Sunday night at dinner. We had my niece Riley get everyone's attention by telling them she had something really important to tell them and when she got everyone's attention she announced that we were going to have a baby!! the only ones who didn't know were my brothers and their families so we didn't do a big fun thing (lame I know). But they were all super excited!!
Our baby will be the first baby on the Gardner side so we knew they would be super excited so we wanted to tell them in a fun way! We went out to his parents house one night for dinner and on the way stopped at the book store and picked up the cutest book called " How to Babysit a Grandpa". I put a cute bow on it and after dinner we handed it to his dad who had had a birthday a couple days before! Both of Todds parents are criers so there were some tears flowing from them.. and then us. I think it took a minute for it to really sink it with the rest of the kids. But now that it has they are all SO excited!!
Pregnancy so far has been pretty rough for me. I have been pretty sick which has not been easy, but its easier knowing that I am sick because I am growing a tiny human inside of me and that being this sick will be soooo worth it in the end! I just feel bad for Todd who has had to put up with me being so sick. He has been so good to me though! I couldn't ask for a better husband than Todd! Just keep your fingers crossed that this sickness won't last all pregnancy!
We cannot be more excited to start our family!! We just hope August gets here quick so we can meet this little babe!

No comments:
Post a Comment