"Don’t be afraid to fall in love, It’s the only thing that matters in life. Fall in love with as many things as possible." - Country Strong
My love for Valentines day started when I was a little girl. My mom does such a wonderful job at making it such a fun day. I always had a hersheys kiss valentines box every year without fail. My parents would go out at night and before they did they would ring the door bell and leave cute valentines for me and my sisters and I LOVED it.
When I was in Jr. High my friends and I started going to the Training Table every Valentines day just us girls and I always loved that too.
Last year was the only year I have actually had a Valentine and lucky for me he gets to be my Valentine for the rest of my life! Todd is one of those people who doesn't get excited for Valentines day, but he celebrates it anyways because he knows how much I love it and I am grateful he does!
So this Valentines I decided to get Todds ring engraven with a cute little message on the inside of it. I was stressed how I was going to pull this off becuase of course he is going to notice his ring is gone. The only thing that would have made it work would be that he doesn't wear his ring to work on the weekends because his hands get so dirty. So it was going to work out perfect! Thursday night I decided to take it to a jewler to see how long it would take for them to do this. Well it only took them about an hour so I now needed to figure out a way for Todd not to see this before today. After hours of thinking of how to hide it from him I just decided to put it back into its case and hope he wouldn't notice it, not thinking he would because he would never think to look on the inside of his ring. Full proof idea right? Well friday comes and Todd had to go to work early for a meeting and decided to put his ring on.... remind you that he never wears his ring to work. It would have been fine and he wouldn't of noticed that it was even on there until his friend that he works with who is getting married in May askes to SEE HIS RING... as he is looking at it he askes Todd what is written on the inside of his ring... Really Jake??? could there have been a worse day for you to do this? Todd had no idea what he was talking about until it hit him and then he knew what I had gotten him for Valentines day! So basically that plan blew up in my face! But that's ok because he still loved it and he doesn't really care if it was early or on time. But what a coincidence!
Hope everyone has a wonderful and loving Valentines day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment