Happy four years to my sweetheart!
Year four was definitely the best and hardest year yet! I would not have been able to survive it without Todd by my side! I wish I could put into words the gratitude and love I have for Todd. And that gratitude and love grew an extreme amount this year as we became parents to our sweet Henry.
To be honest looking back on those first couple weeks postpartum is a complete blur. But there is one thing I remember and that is everything Todd did for me. He was so extremely patient and supportive with me during those first hard weeks of motherhood. I literally couldn't get one word out without bursting into tears and Todd would just listen to me and talk me through it. Breastfeeding was the hardest thing I have ever done and Todd was so supportive and helpful during it. I would get a pit in my stomach every time Hank would wake up to eat in the night. When Todd would hear me sobbing in his room he came in with a body pillow and blanket in hand, lay down on the floor and just stay up and chat with me to keep my mind of things. Some of my favorite conversations we have had were during those long hard nights. And my heart grew so much more fond of Todd in those moments. And it's those moments that kept me sane.
Adjusting to parenthood was one of our greatest trials as a couple so far. And I am so beyond grateful Todd stood by my side and we got through it together.i am so grateful for the sweet father Todd is to Hank. Hank is so lucky to have such a great example to look up to his whole life.
I hope he realizes that and is as grateful for it as I am one day.
So it's safe to say that I think my love grew more for Todd this year, even just these last few months, then it did all previous years combined. And I didn't even know that was possible.
So happy anniversary to my sweet Todd who I love more than words can describe. I can't wait to laugh with you forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment