{Day 2}
On the second day we drove down to Baby Beach that we read a lot about and was a must visit. It was on the other side of the Island so we drove almost the whole length of the Island and so we got to see a lot. We learned pretty quick upon arrival that there wasn't much to see on the Island except for the gorgeous beaches. The rest of the Island was just a big dessert and pretty run down. I have to say I was impressed with Todd's ability to read a map which is how we found this beach. We didn't have gps when we were out and about so Todd bought a map before we left and that is how we got around that day. Its sad to say that I wouldn't have been able to read a map that well!
We weren't all that impressed with this beach compared to the other beaches we went to. Luckily we went to this beach the first day and it wasn't until we went to the others that we knew what we were missing out on! there was a little bar and grill on this beach that was totally Flintstones themed (as you can see in the picture below) and I thought it was totally random!
The funny thing that happened this day was that Paige and I basically stole some lounge chairs from some Arubian guys because we didn't see the sign about paying for them haha. the boys said we were lucky we didn't get our hands chopped off... it got a little more complicated when we went and tried to get some more chairs. In the end it all turned out okay and there was just a big misunderstanding.
Another funny thing was when the boys were walking down the beach and some South American guys came up to them and asked them to take a picture... when they said yeah and tried to take the camera they guys said "no, no, a picture with you guys".... hahaha yes they wanted a picture with the boys. They said they kept asking if they were basketball players. I think the boys kind of liked that ;). And you just wait, that wasn't even the funniest time this situation occurred on this trip.
(Baby beach with our Babe)
After we left Baby Beach we decided to just go back to the house and hang out for a little bit by the pool in the backyard of our house.
That night we had another delicious dinner! It was a place called Bingo that "Aruba Kid" had recommended and it was one of the best burgers I've ever had! I didn't get any pictures of the restaurant but it was just a little local place that had a breezy beachy feel to it. After dinner we headed to the hotel area, got some gelato, and walked around!
They had stand alone McDonalds treat shacks that I really wish they would invest in here in the U.S.
While we were walking around we walked through one of the casinos in one of the hotels and they had a live band playing and the main singer was some old Asian guy who was singing "I Gotta Feeling" by the black eyed peas in his think Asian accent. It was HILARIOUS!! The best part is he was happy as can be! Todd just gave him a thumbs up and he did it right back at him!
No comments:
Post a Comment